Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where entertainment turns its back on reality.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheVagrant
Admin

Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists Empty
PostSubject: Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists   Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:14 am

Vance:
While the game begins with 4 substory arcs that come into a main arc, the main one is centered around him. He's in his late twenties, and has been held in scientific captivity since his youth. Somehow, he is connected to the Morrigan, and is called to by the Anchorites, beings of pure energy that pump life into the planet. Never knowing why he was captured, his resolve is to journey to the heart of the Morrigan Territory, determined to figure out who he is. Having already seen the evil in man, and thrust into a world where that evil radiates in other races, he is searching for his faith in a world of darkness, struggling to push himself forward and hold onto his own sense of morality and justice.

Avalo:
Part of a sentient plant-like race, his race is one of religious recluse, an entire peoples of monks who have left society to reach natural balance. After our protagonist leads the Mechean military to his monastery, they burn it to the ground and seize their Anchorite as part of their colonial expansion plan. Determined to make his way to the monastery in the Outer Lands, his black and white ideals of morality are challenged in a world of moral greyness, and he is confronted with new emotions for the first time that make him question his devotion.

Watti:
Part of the Aquenos Race, in their empire humans are slaves, the cause of the Fourth Intercontinental War. After inheriting slaves from his parent's death, his compassion and his fear of social outcast are now in conflict. Eventually, his hand is forced and he kills a member of his own to protect the life of a slave, and now has to flee his homeland and the Empire to find safe haven in The Menagerie.

Noah:
A young boy who has been a slave his entire life, he is bound by his own understanding to follow his master indefinitely. However, as he journeys along with his master, he finally sees a world where humans aren't bound by the will of their owners, and slowly begins to push for his own freedom.

Eve:
The future love interest for the hero, she is a member of a terrorist group int he Aquenos Empire. Causing civil unrest to try and bring about the liberation of her people, she is strong and independent. Though he is tough and ruthless in her ambition for freedom, her compassion shines through her love for her siblings. However, after a failed mission she returns to base to find that it has been raided by Slave Herders, and her sister and brother have been sent to the Menagerie for auction. After escaping the bounty on her head and breaking out of prison, she makes begins her journey to rescue her family.

Edmond:
Having fled the traditional oppression of his homeland's culture, Edmond is now a smuggler(not sure about this yet, will and I are still figuring it out), profiting of the Republic's Embargo of Aquenosian goods. Always defining his own moral lines, his immense selfishness and ego can shift to daring heroism. As long as it benefits him, a job is a job. However, he does have shining moments of genuine compassion, and over the coarse of the game learns self-sacrifice for the better of the team and the world.

Nasa and Dasra:
Not fully developed yet, we gotta work on these guys.[u]

Last edited by TheVagrant on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlueThree
Admin
BlueThree

PostSubject: Re: Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists   Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:34 am

Needs more female characters. I recommend looking at Tali from ME, Saber from F/SN and Alyx from HL. Also, we need a comic relief character.
Back to top Go down
TheVagrant
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists   Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 5:28 am

Well, Edmond is the comic relief character, so we have that covered, but there could be more room for a female character. Even though, that would mean that we either change one character to be a woman or we add one more. Thats a whole lotta characters, lol. Which would you guys prefer?
Back to top Go down
BlueThree
Admin
BlueThree

PostSubject: Re: Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists   Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 2:07 am

Either way, as long as all of the characters remain distinct and interesting. If you feel like it would be too many, I would recommend making the plant-guy female.
Back to top Go down
TheVagrant
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists   Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 2:11 am

hmm...thats an interesting idea. i've never thought about doing that before. the planet people were really going to be gender-less, they exist through reincarnation by planting seeds that channel their souls. but, they could still have genders I suppose. I think it would be interesting making Avalo a woman. I like it.
Back to top Go down
ThinkingCap
Admin
ThinkingCap

PostSubject: Re: Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists   Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 3:02 am

NOOOOO ANYONE BUT AVALO! How stereotypical is that? The one who is learning that the world isn't all roses and honey-- the girl?! No thank you! I would much rather have Watti, Edmond, or Nasa and Dasara both be changed to female. Like, if Nasa and Dasara were complimentary females, not ONLY would that hint at lesbian tendencies, it would also give you a little estrogen to this sausage-fest. I am just completely opposed to portraying the females as weak little nothings who are exploited for their T&A but have no weight in battle.

Keeping Avalo as a male also opens the door to a lot more opportunities to confront issues surrounding men. Too often do I see the women liberation front (in almost EVERYTHING) when men have just as many issues to deal with as we do. Not to mention the shock of men being faced with immoral situations is far more sexy than women being faced with immoral situations.

I think I've made my point aha, it would just be a shame to place a female in such a predictable character that's been played to death. Maybe you could create a female jokester (or jokesters in Nasa and Dasara's case) or a serious female who isn't de-sexualized or overly masculine. I'll stop there aha, I could really go all day
Back to top Go down
TheVagrant
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists   Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 3:49 am

Lol, is it not known amongst us that Nasa and Dasra are already girls? Lol, they are twin sisters. I thought this was common knowledge. Thats why I felt there was enough testosterone/estrogen balance in the group. And Lenne is already the serious female who isn't de-sexualized/overly masculine.

That being said, since Lenne, Nasa and Dasra are female, do we still want to add/change someone to female, or leave the group as is?
Back to top Go down
ThinkingCap
Admin
ThinkingCap

PostSubject: Re: Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists   Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:33 am

Well, as long as they're awesome and FANTASTIC I think that's fine (sorry, ahaha I didn't know they were femalians) but of course, all of the characters are going to be fabulous now aren't they ;D

Sounds good now that I know we have some twins up in here (do I hear incest?) feels pretty balanced now. To me at least aha
Back to top Go down
TheVagrant
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists   Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:00 am

no...no incest. lol, none of that in my story. but yeah, i think its pretty well balanced out. I'm going to start working on their arcs when I finally get a freaking chance to breath.
Back to top Go down
BlueThree
Admin
BlueThree

PostSubject: Re: Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists   Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:48 pm

But twincest is wincest... j/k, it looks fine as it is now, if that's the case.
Back to top Go down
BlueThree
Admin
BlueThree

PostSubject: Re: Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists   Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:34 am

Also, this explains their individual parts in the story, but what are their personalities like?
Back to top Go down
TheVagrant
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists   Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:32 am

Good point, I should get on that. I already have ideas for each of there personalities, but I need to start fleshing them out as people. This is gonna be a long process, because they need to be "people", not characters. They have to have life and mannerisms and quirks, and entire histories that make them who they are.

This section though is just for the general descriptions of their roles. I will create a separate, individual thread for each character that really goes into who they are. Since writing the script starts this weekend, I'm going to update them as I go along.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists   Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Run-Through of the Protagonists
Page 1 of 1